Jun 25, 2013
Blood Donation Camp Held at SITI Cable Network Ltd.
A Blood Donation Camp held at Siti Cable, Noida Office in association with Rotary Blood Bank.
A team of 66 employees of SITI Cable and group companies of Noida Campus voluntarily donated blood which will be used by blood bank.
This was a part of an Annual CSR activity of SITI Cable which is well participated from enthusiastic employees.Facts about blood needs:
- Every year our nation requires about 4 Crore units of blood, out of which only a meager 40 Lakh units of blood are available.
- Every two seconds someone needs blood.
- More than 38,000 blood donations are needed every day.
- A total of 30 million blood components are transfused each year.
- The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 pints.
- More than 1 million new people are diagnosed with cancer each year. Many of them will need blood, sometimes daily, during their chemotherapy treatment.
- A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 units of blood