Press Releases2014

Oct 29, 2014
Mumbai thumps in three goals against Kenkre in their return to Cooperage!

Match Report: Mumbai FC 3-0 Kenkre FC

Mumbai FC made easy work of their first game in the MDFA Elite Division match against Kenkre FC as they won the game 3-0 at Cooperage Football  Stadium, Mumbai. Two first half strikes from Cletus Paul and a second half goal from Allan Dias were enough to seal the win against Kenkre.

The game started with Mumbai attacking from North to South. Mumbai were dominating the game on the off as the players piled attack after attack in the first few minutes. The easiest of the chances fell to Mumbai's winger Abhishek Ambekar, who missed from close range. Another chance fell to Cletus Paul as John whipped in a delightful cross which only required a tap in to get Mumbai FC into the lead.

Eventually the goal came in the 15th minute as Allan, John, Pradeep and Taisuke combined with John crossing the ball inside the box and Cletus finishing with ease.

Post the goal, the Mumbai players started to hold and pass the ball around, looking increasingly threatening with each forward pass. Cletus, who was the focal point for most attacks by Mumbai, received a steady stream of precision passes from the midfield. He headed in a cross from the left which beat the Kenkre keeper but the ball unfortunately hit the bar.

Kenkre launched a rare attack from the right but the ball was easily cleared by Mumbai FC Center Back, Kali Alaudeen.

Left Back, Allan Dias, was a constant threat on the left wing and combined really well with John Coutinho as Mumbai FC dominated the game. Mumbai had the lions share of possession as Taisuke Matsugae and Pradeep Mohanraj controlled the midfield breaking Kenkre attacks with ease and creating chances for the players ahead of them.

The second goal came in the 39th minute after a run of passes from the Mumbai players as Cletus was sent through on goal and scored with a delightful chip. The first half ended 2-0 in favour of Mumbai FC.

The second half saw an energetic opening few minutes as the pumped up Kenkre players came onto the field to make amends to their earlier performance. Both teams were vying for the ball as game observed some end to end stuff.

Mumbai eventually started dominating possession and were passing the ball around fluently creating space and chances but failing to get that third goal. An altercation in the 70th minute saw a Kenkre player being sent off for improper conduct. A few minutes later Allan Dias got into the referee's book (yellow card) for shooting the ball even though he was adjudged offside.

The third goal came from a corner in the 83rd minute as Allan Dias' spectacular effort put the ball in. The match ended with Mumbai FC having visibly dominated the game and came out as deserving winners.

« Back