Apr 28, 2017
Zee Learn Ltd Consolidated PAT zooms 143 % in FY17
India's Top Education Company, Zee Learn Limited today announced its best ever Q4 FY17 and FY17 annual audited results. The Board of Directors, in its meeting held today, approved and took on record the financial results of Zee Learn Limited on standalone and consolidated basis. On the backdrop of its splendid performance, the Board of Directors declared the final dividend of 5% (cumulative 10 % in FY17) to the Equity shareholders of the Company as an appreciation of the patience that they have shown in the company and also as a way of sharing the good profits of the company with them.
The key highlights of performance for FY17 is as under
- Topline of Rs. 601 Mn in Q4 FY17, compared to Rs. 502 Mn in Q4 FY16 (up by 20%)
- Operating EBITDA of Rs. 125 Mn in Q4 FY17, compared to Rs. 114 Mn in Q4 FY16 (up by 10%)
- PBT is Rs. 110 Mn in Q4 FY17, compared to Rs. 77 Mn in Q4 FY16 (up by 42%)
- PAT of Rs. 146 Mn in Q4 FY17, compared to Rs. 77 Mn in Q4 FY16 (up by 89%)
FY 2017 Highlights:
- Topline of Rs. 1612 Mn in FY17, compared to Rs. 1392 Mn in FY16 (up by 16%)
- Operating EBITDA is Rs. 461 Mn in FY17, compared to Rs. 317 Mn in FY16 (up by 45%)
- PBT is Rs. 352 Mn in FY17, compared to Rs. 150 Mn in FY16 (up by 134%)
- PAT of Rs. 363 Mn in FY17, compared to Rs. 150 Mn in FY16 (up by 141%)
- Topline of Kidzee brand crosses Rs. 1 Bn for the first time.
FY 2017 Highlights:
- Topline of Rs. 1789 Mn in FY17, compared to Rs. 1515 Mn in FY16 (up by 18%)
- Operating EBITDA is Rs. 623 Mn in FY17, compared to Rs. 432 Mn in FY16 (up by 44%)
- PBT is Rs. 355 Mn in FY17, compared to Rs.150 Mn in FY16 (up by 136%)
- PAT of Rs. 366 Mn in FY17, compared to Rs. 150 Mn in FY16 (up by 143%)
Mr. Debshankar Mukhopadhyay, CEO, Zee Learn Ltd commented, "Company witnessed consistent growth across all the business segments, which strongly underlines the fact that our franchisee and parent's confidence towards Company brands is growing every year. ZLL has invested considerable resources in developing learning designs, student learning materials and e-content for pre-schools and K-12 schools. We closed FY17 on a new high, with a positive drive and are confident of sustaining this growth drive. The high demand for the all-new Kidzee 2.0 was overwhelming, as it surpassed all our expectations. With new product introductions coupled with our existing offerings, we are confident that our growth momentum will continue. Qualitative improvements in our network coupled with strong focus on franchisee relationship and availability of varied tailor made children / student specific programs will be pivotal in aiding our planned growth for the future."
Mr Umesh Pradhan, CFO, Zee Learn Ltd added "With rising scale and rationalisation of vendors, the company has prudently managed cost of goods while simultaneously improving quality. We perceive these initiatives as potent operating and profitability margin boosters. The consistency of our performance is a result of managing our business dynamically and executing our strategy with even greater rigor and discipline. Our sustained focus on investing behind brands, sharpening our execution capabilities and driving market development has enabled us to keep winning with consumers in a rapidly changing market."