Press Releases2013May 24, 2013
ZNL declares its Q4 FY13 results
Zee News Limited also became the first Indian news network to reach 100 million viewers in the last quarter of the fiscal.
• Zee News, our flagship channel, had second highest reach among the Hindi News channels in 8 Metros among premium audience. (Source: TAM, Q4, CS 25+ AB, 8 Metros).
Zee News, in its quest to initiate purposeful change in the country, reinvented its brand philosophy from Jazba Soch ka to Soch Badlo, Desh Badlo with an objective to engage viewers in the process of positive transformation. The channel bagged National Award from the Election Commission of India on January 25 this year for its campaign — Aapka Vote Aapki Taqat that called on young voters to participate in the electoral process. The channel also successfully executed its flagship awards – Ananya Samman and Swastha Bharat Samman – with wide acclaim from viewers.
• Zee Business, India's first 24-hour Hindi business channel, was the leader in 6 weeks out of 13 weeks in the fourth quarter and reached to the highest number of viewers in business news genre. (Source: TAM, Q4, TG: CS 25+ M AB, HSM)
The channel rolled out Sensex ka Sultan, India's first derivatives reality show. It tests traders' awareness on derivatives and thus fosters investor knowledge. Zee Business also initiated the third season of Emerging Business Forum, India's largest SME discussion forum. The show got bigger this year with the channel covering 15 cities with a focus on Tier II towns.
• 24 Ghanta, our Bengali news offering, was a close no. 2 in reaching out to audiences in West Bengal among all the Bengali news channels and reaching out to over 4.6 mn audiences even as there was irregular implementation of DAS Phase I in Kolkata. (Source: TAM, Q4, TG: CS 15+, WB).
In line with its thought provoking activities for the intellectual Bengali, 24 Ghanta conducted Annual Debate on the theme of the Bengalis losing touch with their culture and ways to remedy the same. In addition, there was participation of various school children in the Annual Book Fair at Kolkata leading to the channel's signature property Sankalpa Awards. Sankalpa Awards are a social connect initiative by the channel for the citizens to acknowledge and pledge their efforts on relevant issues like environment, education, etc. The activity saw a rally with over 3000 students participating, workshops for the students and culminated in an awards event being attended by who's who of Kolkata.
• Zee 24 Taas continues to be No. 2 in reach across Maharashtra with its incisive news coverage leading to a high reach of 9.9 million viewers. (Source: TAM, Q4, CS 15+, Mah). The channel felicitated unsung heroes through Zee 24 Taas Ananya Samman in this quarter in February. The channel rolled out a unique initiative – Gao Tithe 24 Taas – to connect with viewers in rural Maharashtra through on ground events and on air programmes. Zee 24 Taas took up rural issues in the mainstream media and connected villages to their local representatives through this initiative. The channel also joined hands with Maharashtra Pollution Board to promote eco-friendly Holi in a school for visually challenged and thereby gaining significant CSR mileage through the sponsored Holi programme.
• Zeenews.com continued to be the fastest growing website in the Indian news web space. Micro-sites – India vs Australia and Union Budget – got 2.9 million page views and 1.3 million page views, respectively. Our regional websites performed well in the last quarter and achieved a substantial growth compared to the third quarter. Unique visitors for 24taas.com, 24 Ghanta and Zee News Hindi increased by 39.7%, 43.8% and 14.4% respectively (source – Google Analytics).